Civil Engineer wanted to join our consultancy. We offer fantastic projects and opportunities for you to grow and make a significant contribution while working alongside a diverse team of driven professionals.
Cook Costello is an experienced multidisciplinary engineering consultancy with more than 40 years of engineering systems. We pride ourselves on the quality and high performance of our team and welcome hearing from individuals looking to grow, innovative and develop.
At Cook Costello, we are passionate about our people and creating great environments for our team. We pride ourselves on maintaining upbeat, well cared for teams who enjoy flexible working with great pay and rewards.
We strongly support development and career growth so when you grow, we grow.
We have an immediate opportunity for the right Civil Engineer to join our team.
Our preference is but not essential:
- 3 to 8+ years’ experience in civil engineering design
- Good understanding of NZ design codes, standards, and legislation
- Experience in construction monitoring and management of 3910 contracts
- Experience with 12d, and AutoCAD (Civil 3D) preferred but not essential
- Experience in NZ or Australia land development and/or commercial projects
- Good understanding of civil design principles in stormwater, wastewater, water supply, earthworks/finished levels, and pavements.
- Experience in preparing resource consent, building consent and engineering approval documentation.
- A positive solution orientated disposition and an all-round ‘can do’ approach.
- Focus on working with the client and other technical specialists to deliver quality designs to meet clients’ needs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal, written and virtual, particularly the ability to coordinate accurately with surveyors, architects, clients and contractors and local bodies across the country.
- Good time management skills and an ability to multi-task and prioritise work, communicating priorities to team members.
- Project or design management experience beneficial but not essential
- Current full New Zealand driver’s license.
What we offer:
- Benefits, wellness contributions, social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance.
- Support for professional registration (if applicable) and ongoing professional development
- The opportunity to work on an exciting project
- The opportunity to be involved with a range of projects (residential and commercial) and experiences though our different disciplines
- The opportunity for personal and technical development with highly motivated high performing teams.
- Ready access to senior managers and staff mentors.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply with a cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to Maygan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are treated in utmost confidence
Please note that you must be eligible to work in New Zealand