Our Wellington office are looking for new talent to join our multi-disciplinary consultancy. We have fantastic projects and opportunities for you to make a significant contribution to the team and the business while working alongside a team of driven engineers. The opportunity to gain experience working with other disciplines is also provided and encouraged.
We can say we are a great team to work with and that Wellington is a positive region with plenty going on. Come and see for yourself.
- We have nationally a leading team of surveyors, consulting engineers, project managers, technicians, designers and administrators
- We pride ourselves on the quality each person brings to our team and are always keen to hear from outstanding individuals who enjoy delivering in a team environment.
- Multi-disciplinary Land Development consultancy firm founded more than 40 years ago.
Jobs tasks and responsibilities
We have an immediate requirement for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join our immensely talented Wellington office. If you are looking to gain high level mentoring while also working on and delivering numerous projects as a key member of our team, this is the role for you. The opportunity to gain experience in other disciplines is also provided.
As a Graduate Engineer within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, you will:
- Deliver assigned work within budget and timeframes.
- Act as a key member of our team of engineers and surveyors. Your ability to communicate and to ask questions will be vital to your success in these the early years of your engineering career.
- All your work must be reviewed and signed off by a Senior Engineer.
- Undertake geotechnical site investigations, analysis, and reporting to define design parameters as well as outline geotechnical issues with a site to inform future development.
- Work alongside surveyors, civil and structural engineers to produce effective solutions for our clients that are on time and on budget.
- Work under the guidance of senior engineers and engineering geologists who will provide advice and mentoring to grow your skill as a geo-professional.
What we need from you
- Prior relevant work experience in New Zealand
- Relevant tertiary qualification – Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) at a New Zealand tertiary institute
- Working knowledge of NZ codes and standards would be beneficial
- Experience within civil contracting firms and experience with construction monitoring and quality assurance would be beneficial
- Seismic knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, strong report writing and prior experience with engineering computer software
- Be able to work accurately and independently while managing your time to meet due dates
- Ability to work well within a team to deliver projects
- Proven professional track record and professional behaviour, ethical and integral character, abiding with the Engineering New Zealand Code of Conduct
What we offer
- A flexible working environment
- Friendly family orientated office
- Social events and focus on a healthy work-life balance
- Support for ongoing professional development, training and mentoring
- Internal promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to be involved with a diverse range and scale of projects
At Cook Costello, we offer a supportive team environment with interesting projects and positive community engagement. We encourage professional development for all our team members, and truly value diversity and the importance of collaboration across our company. Our values are measured by what we do, not just in what we say, and we are all accountable.
If this sounds like the role for you please apply with a cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to Maygan at email@example.com.
All applications are treated in confidence
Please note that you must be eligible to work in New Zealand