A cost efficient way to gain a broad knowledge of what to expect in the ground across a large area.
Geophysics is the study of the ground and geological features using physical laws and principles. Different earth materials have different physical properties that will excite a different response to a signal or pulse sent down into the earth.
Recording and analysing these response signals allows us to determine where the changes happen and what type of material we encounter. This non-invasive method of ground investigation when combined with other available information about the ground (like geological maps, drill cores, existing reports, etc) provides an excellent starting point for any invasive investigation.
We try to combine geophysics with intrusive methods that give point specific information, in order to provide our clients the optimum amount of information in a cost effective package.\
We now have brand new equipment. Click here to find out how it can save you money and time.
- Location services for utilities
- Soil resistivity profiling for grounding safety design
- Transportation infrastructure assessment
- Dam and embankment investigations for stability and integrity
- Golf course facilities mapping
- Groundwater level detection and mapping
- Groundwater contamination mapping
- Contaminated land mapping, leak detection and monitoring
- Determination of geology and geological structures/features
- Forensic applications
- Detection of reinforcing bars in concrete superstructures
- Detection of buried metallic objects
- Archaeological surveys
IN COLLABORATION WITH OUR
OF PROFESSIONALS, OUR TEAM
OF GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERS
IS DEDICATED TO PROVIDING
How the data is presented
The interpretation and the acquisition of geophysical data can be very complex for non-experts. Cook Costello captures the data and ‘translates’ the information gained from a geophysical survey into a format that is relevant to your needs.
This can be in the form of:
• Areal maps specifying targets and anomalies
• Graphs (e.g. geology changes with depth, thickness changes of target with lateral extension)
• Geologically interpreted 2D slices through earth volumes
• Conceptual models
• Integration into Geotechnical Reports
• Raw data and customized data bases
• Integrated presentation of results into CAD software
03 365 5960
Eva is about to be the guest speaker at an event for the International Association of Hydrogeologists.
Eva's talk will be an introduction to hydrogeophysics. To read the invitation, and more about her talk click here.